Have you ever wondered what it is like to become a Theology Master? As I work toward my MA in Theology, I will share insights, stories, ideas, and strange happenings.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Bridge





We’ve already established what this blog is going to be about: my journey as a student in a Master of Arts in Theology program.  I thought I’d mention a few more things before we get into some more substantial posts (which I know you are just dying to read!)

Firstly, I’m going to enable comments.  A professor of mine emphasizes “educative discussion.”  We were thought of as a community of learners who engaged with mutual respect and openness to each other.  Lets do that here.  I’d very much like feedback on some of my reflections and I would love to respond to comments.  Hopefully this blog will be accessible to those who haven’t formally studied theology, but who think that questions about God and life are worth exploring.  So comment away!

Secondly, while comments are encouraged some folks don’t like educative discussion.  In fact, just the other day at work, I began a sentence, “I think that group...” At which point my co-worker interrupted with “I understand, but the thing is blah blah  blah.”  You see he didn’t understand. In fact he didn’t bother to listen.  Ah what a concept, listening to then understand and appropriately respond.  Don’t get me wrong, Trolls are also welcome at this blog, but I ask that they keep their trolling to this post only; exactly where Trolls belong.  (See what I did there?  This post is called “The Bridge.”  Trolls belong under bridges.)  The point:  R-E-S-P-E-C-T.


Lastly, I promise not to take myself too seriously if you do the same.  Sometimes I get things wrong, and misunderstand some key points to what people say.  Other times I’m little quirky.

This was a nice “bridge” between the introduction and some hearty posts.  Onward to better discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment