Have you ever wondered what it is like to become a Theology Master? As I work toward my MA in Theology, I will share insights, stories, ideas, and strange happenings.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall 2013


"I have always delighted either to teach, or to learn, or to write." -Venerable Bede

Every Sunday as I make my way back to my pew after communion, I see that quote painted on the back wall of the church building. Perhaps it doesn't seem like the most applicable quote to ponder after receiving the Eucharist, but I am struck by it every time!  Something about being in communion with the most primordial reality, Christ's very Self, puts me in touch with some of my most basic personal yearnings.

Classes have commenced, beginning my second year in the MA Theology program.  We have new faces in the program, familiar faces, and the absence of our classmates who have completed their program.  People ask me how I'm doing, and I say with a grin, "I'm back in school."  All is right in the world.

This year will be a little different.  This first semester I'm studying "Theology of Ministry," and "Theological Foundations."  Two very promising courses.  Next semester I have no scheduled classes so I will be working on my Masters Thesis.  Now's not the time to reveal what I'm working on, but I promise you, it will be exciting.

As for this Blog, I hope that we can finish up our brief look at Theological Ethics, and then I'll try to keep up with current posts on current classes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment